nonprofit workspace residency
Dayhouse is granting a year-long residency to one 501(c)(3) nonprofit, designed to springboard a deserving organization to new heights with customized business coaching, plus the space to work and hold meetings.
about our 2019 winner
To better our community by providing meaningful opportunities for families to support local families in need.
What are your goals for the next year?
Continue working with other organizations, reach more people in Lake and Cook counties, develop a formal fundraising campaign, and continue developing our board.
What’s one of your biggest challenges right now?
Making sure we reach all of our members in our communications. We started as a community Facebook group, but as that platform has evolved, we need to update our methods for contacting current members, potential members, and also better track who we are reaching.
How would you utilize the Dayhouse residency?
It will allow our organization to have a more formal presence as we network with local business owners and seek funding. We would be able to meet potential donors, volunteers and nonprofit partners in a professional setting and also increase our local presence.
Learn more at
FHFC on Facebook
FHFC on Instagram
about the nonprofit residency
We know how hard it is to run a business, and running a nonprofit is no different. So many organizations are on the brink of big things, but need the time, space, and support to springboard their organizations to new heights. Dayhouse wants to help an outstanding nonprofit organization crush those goals.
• A business coaching group comprised of select Dayhouse members, tailored to meet your organization's goals.
• A "meet & mingle" event at the beginning of your residency to introduce Dayhouse members to your organization, and a presentation event at the end, showcasing your work over the past year.
• All perks listed at our "Every Day" level, including: A designated desk with locking storage; Free wifi; Two hours per month of meeting room use; Access to our member directory and online community; Mail and package reception; Feature in Dayhouse newsletter and social media; Space rental discounts; Free access to community events; Kitchen with coffee, tea, snacks, infused water; Lactation area.
* Child care, concierge service, and admission for special events are not included in the residency, but are available for purchase.
Nonprofits interested in this opportunity must meet the following requirements:
• Be a registered 501(c)(3) organization and provide their IRS determination letter.
• Able to pay the reduced residency rate of $50 a month per seat.
• At least one officer from the organization must commit to being at Dayhouse at least 2 days a week.
• Participate in a business coaching group, and strive to meet the goals developed by the group.
•Participate in the planning and execution of the "meet & mingle" and presentation events.
• Include Dayhouse branding on the organization's website landing page.
•Tag Dayhouse in one social media post per month.
• At the end of the year-long residency, an officer in residence will mentor the next nonprofit selected for the Grant, on a mutually agreeable schedule.